United Methodist Church of the Servant
Job Title: Nursery Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Servant Kids
Work Schedule: Part Time
Program/Department: Program Staff - NextGen Ministries
The Nursery Coordinator is responsible for the execution of programming for children needing nursery and/or childcare across the congregation, as well as the management of nursery operation and staff. All employees and volunteers are expected to reflect Church of the Servant’s core values, to perform at Church of the Servant’s standards of excellence and live within the congregation’s Staff Covenant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Support in the development and the direct execution of childcare within the nursery including:
- The scheduling of staff for nursery and childcare operating hours. Other requests can be, but not limited to, Sunday school parties, administrative and volunteer meetings, special worship services, ministry
- Gathering of supplies and resources.
- Coordination with the Director of Servant Kids to ensure nursery care and support is available for approved congregational functions including but not limited to: administrative leadership meetings, Sunday School teacher meetings, regularly scheduled and special worship services, periodic conferences, and other nursery requests as approved by the Director of Servant Kids.
- Administrative responsibilities associated with Nursery under the supervision of the Director of Servant Kids including hiring staff, recruiting volunteers, safety training and the gathering of background checks and information on volunteers and Nursery staff. Also, prepare schedules, track and submit payroll as requested
- Support, assist, and attend special ministry events as they pertain to Servant Kids Ministry ie: Fall Festival, Easter and Holy Week activities, Vacation Bible School, and other events deemed essential for ministry growth.
- Other duties as assigned and necessary
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate degree (preferably in a related field)
- Two or more years in direct Children’s Ministry
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Membership in Church of the Servant
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to collaborate and work effectively with groups and individuals and to manage conflict
- Must possess the ability to plan, develop, implement, and evaluate programs and ministries
- Must possess the ability to build and maintain strong teams of volunteers through participatory management
- Must possess the ability to manage a dynamic and fluid work environment featuring multiple projects
- Must possess the ability to identify the actions necessary to complete tasks and obtain results
- Must serve as a positive Christian role model
COMPUTER EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS
- Experience in the use of standard office equipment and technology
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Valid Oklahoma Driver’s License.