Volunteer opportunities abound within the walls of Servant. Here are a few ideas that you might want to consider:
NextGen Ministries (contact John Gilstrap)
- Work with Servant Kids (nursery - 5th graders) on Sunday mornings or Wednesday evenings
- Work in "Sunbeams" - Caring for children with special needs on Sunday mornings
- Work on the Welcome Team for Kids Ministries
- Work with Middle/High School students
- Work with Middle School students
- Work with High School students
- Work on the Welcome Team for Servant Students
- Work on the Transportation Team for special events
Hospitality Ministries (contact Matt Patrick)
- Welcome Team - Greeting people at the Welcome Center
- Welcome Team - Greeting people at the entrance doors
- Assistance Team - Parking assistance on Sunday mornings
- 13.2 Coffee Shop Team - serve coffee/beverages/food
Music Ministries (contact Chuck Weatherford)
- The Celebration Choir
- The Celebration Ringers - Bell Choir
- SYNERGY - Adult Contemporary Ensemble
- Worship Orchestra (high schoolers through adults)
- The Bronze Youth Bell Choir
Outreach Ministries on our Campus
- Hannah's Promise - monthly ministry for parents of children with special needs (contact Lola Burgtorf)
- Earthglow Gift Store - shopkeeper in our church gift shop; proceeds go to local missions (contact Lisa Fansher)
Care Ministries (contact Vicki Roberds)
- Writing notes of care and support
- Praying for people in our church
- Being a Care Chaplin (training required)
Communications Ministries (contact Heather DeShazo)
- AV/Technology Team
- Sound Board Operator
- Video Camera Operator
- Photography Team
- Publication Team
There are a few simple steps for you to consider when volunteering:
- Express Your Interest: Contact the ministry leader of the ministry in which you are interested in serving for more information by filling out the form below! Each ministry has different parameters and requirements for serving.
- Meet & Greet: Take an opportunity to meet the volunteer team and observe the in’s and out’s of the ministry.
- Start Serving: Use your passions and skills to connect with God and with others!
- We desire to become a serving church answering God’s call to serve by connecting our unique gifts and passions to His mission, resulting in Christ-centered growth that is celebrated in community!
You can make a significant difference in the lives of others. You have a purpose. Start the journey of discovering it!
“For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” Ephesians 2:10
Below you will find details about some critical volunteer positions that currently need to be filled. See if one or more of them meet with your gifts and talents. Then contact Scott Smith, Director of Discipleship and Connections, for more information!