We reopened for worship on June 28th! We have been working hard to make sure that when you are ready to return, you will feel safe and confident to do so. We realize there will continue to be a wide range of emotions and opinions about gathering in-person again. Some people may not want to gather in-person at this time. Others have been ready to gather in-person for several weeks. Therefore, we will need to extend much grace to one another through this process. Below you will find the answers to many of your questions about how Sundays will look as we continue to social distance.
CLICK HERE to view the "WHAT TO EXPECT" flyer from June 28.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT AT WORSHIP SERVICES?
- People who watch online and people who attend in-person will watch the same message and music.
- We will have a traditional worship service at 9:30 a.m. in the Celebration Center and modern worship service at 11:00 a.m. in the Centrum.
- Both Indoor Services (9:30 and 11:00) will offer seating that will be separated by six feet of empty space; families may sit together. The doors will open 20 minutes prior to service time
WHAT ABOUT MASKS?
That is a great question. For indoor services, the CDC currently recommends wearing masks, but the law does not mandate them. Our staff will be wearing masks, and we hope that you will too. We understand there are many opinions about wearing masks. There will undoubtedly be people with and without masks at these services, so please extend grace to one another.
WHAT PRECAUTIONS ARE WE TAKING?
We have taken the following precautions as we prepare to reopen the building on Sundays.
- Social distancing procedures, with the exception of families sitting together
- Seats will be six feet apart; families will be allowed to sit together.
- Multiple hand sanitizer stations
- No handshaking, hugs, or physical touching people outside your family
- No passing of offering buckets (offering baskets will be available as you exit)
- No self-serve coffee stations, water fountains, or Café 13.2
- No handouts
- The doors will remain open, so you do not need to touch them.
- Restrooms will be cleaned frequently during the morning, and every other stall closed.
- The building will be cleaned and disinfected before and after every service.
- Group or social gathering is discouraged in halls or auditorium; please make your way to the exits when the service concludes.
WHAT ABOUT STUDENT AND KIDS PROGRAMMING?
We will not have any Student and Kids programming at this time; however, our nursery will be OPEN for babies aged 0-3.
CHURCH AT HOME
We will continue to stream the services LIVE at 9:30 and 11:00
a.m. Not ready to come back for in-person worship? Join us online at ServantOKC.org/WATCH or Facebook.com/ServantOKC